Business Operations & Project Management Support
Start Your Business Career with Year Up
If you have been thinking about a career in business operations, or project management but are concerned about the cost of college or your job prospects, South Seattle College has a solution for you.
South Seattle College has partnered with Year Up to offer a 28-week supported Business Operations & Project Management Support program to get you trained and ready in the field of business operations, project management, and client relations. This intensive training program provides talented and motivated, yet underserved young adults, ages 18-24, with a combination of hands-on skills development, coursework eligible for college credit, corporate internships, and wraparound support.
Students accepted into the program will receive tuition support as well as a 26-week-long internship with some of Puget Sound’s leading employers such as Microsoft, Expeditors International, Bank of America, J.P. Morgan Chase, Alaska Airlines and more. No student loans are required. You will also earn a stipend through the program, both while you train and during your internship.
The program, operating in partnership with Year Up, will provide students support and guidance in identifying their career placement in Business Operations & Project Management Support.
The need for Business Operations and Project Management positions is growing quickly across our local economy. These roles exist across a variety of departments including Information Technology, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations, and Finance. The Year Up - South Seattle College program will provide the training you need to prepare for these kinds of positions.
Program begins March 31 | Classes begin April 6, 2020
What to expect from the program:
- Financial Aid & Scholarships: Support covering tuition, fees, books, and supplies for the two quarters of the Business Information Technology at South Seattle College as well as a weekly stipend during your studies.
- Academic Support: Coaching and academic support from Year Up staff
- Mentorship and Professional Development: Get career coaching, interview prep and real-world experience through a guaranteed paid internship
You will take part in:
- Year Up Orientation: Required program introduction starts the week of September 17
- Business Information Technology: Full-time, two quarter program (28 weeks) and an internship (26 weeks)
- Professional Development
- Coaching sessions
If you have questions, please email Year Up.
About Year Up
Year Up is a one-year, intensive training program that provides talented and motivated, yet underserved young adults, ages 18-24, with a combination of hands-on skills development, coursework eligible for college credit, corporate internships, and wraparound support.
The program emphasizes academic and professional rigor, setting expectations high for quality of work and professional behavior. A strong structure guides students through the steps necessary for achieving success in the classroom and the workplace.