The Tutoring Center
The Tutoring Center provides both in-person and online drop-in and appointment tutoring to all students enrolled at South Seattle College.
*TUTORS ARE AVAILABLE IN-PERSON AND ONLINE*
To get tutoring, first select a center from the list below:
MAST (Math and Science Tutoring): Helps with college level math, chemistry, physics, biology, statistics, and CSC courses.
Writing Center: Provides writing assistance to all students registered in any academic course at South that has written assignments, such as English, History, Psychology, Economics, Environmental Studies, and many more.
WELL (Writing & English Learning Lab): Helps with writing and general language support to South’s global community of English language learners. For ESL, IEP, High School 21+, GED, College Prep, I-BEST/Career Training, Pivot Point, or any Professional Technical Career Training courses.
Business/Accounting: Helps with Business, Accounting and Economics courses.
Geek Hauz: Geek Hauz helps with all computer classes and Year Up program students.
E-Tutoring: Provides live tutoring in a wide range of subjects through the Western e-Tutoring Consortium.
Our department has a goal to provide a supportive community and quality tutoring that leads students to independent learning and helps them achieve academic success.
The Tutoring Center at SSC is dedicated to delivering services that uphold high academic standards and empower students to become responsible, active, and independent learners who can adapt to different learning environments.
- Accessibility for all learners.
- Collaboration through open communication and commitment to working together.
- Diversity, inclusion, and equity for all individuals, particularly the underserved in our community.
- Growth and development of department staff through trainings.
- Integrity by adhering to the highest standards of ethics in higher education.
Tutoring Center Goals:
- Increase student engagement in the learning process.
- Foster academic improvement and greater understanding in tutored courses.
- Serve diverse student populations, reducing barriers for student success by responding to their unique learning needs.
- Provide a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment that supports teacher instruction and supplements student learning.
The Tutoring Center at South Seattle College is committed to the success of South’s diverse student population. Within a warm, welcoming and friendly environment, the Center offers helpful and flexible academic support to all students free of charge.
Interested in Getting Tutoring? Have Questions?
Call, email, or stop by our main office at RSB 12 for questions or to find a match for your tutoring needs!
Location: Robert Smith Building (RSB), room 12 (See RSB map.)
Regular Hours: See individual tutoring center pages found in the Tutoring menu
Contact Name: Marianna Asaturova, Director, Tutoring Center