The Tutoring Center
Important Service Update:
From Jan. 12 through at least Friday, Jan. 28, several student services at South Seattle College are shifting to remote and virtual assistance only, including Tutoring. This change has been made due to significant staffing shortages that impact our ability to provide in-person services with consistency, and to help keep our campus community safe during the current COVID-19 omicron variant surge.
Tutoring Center Virtual Operation Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- LiveChat Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Online Tutoring: The Tutoring Center provides online drop-in and appointment-based tutoring through Zoom to all students enrolled at South Seattle College. See our website for more details.
Please visit our Virtual Assistance page for the latest remote contact options for additional departments to get the support you need.
In-Person Service: In-person, on-campus tutoring is available Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Virtual Assistance: The Tutoring Center provides online drop-in and appointment tutoring through ZOOM to all students enrolled at South Seattle College.
To get online tutoring, first select a center from the list below:
MAST (Math and Science Tutoring): Helps with college level math, chemistry, physics, biology, statistics, and CSC courses.
MALL (Math and Learning Lab): MALL offers walk in tutoring services for developmental math courses in a friendly and supportive environment.
Writing Center: Provides writing assistance to all students registered in any academic course at South that has written assignments, such as English, History, Psychology, Economics, Environmental Studies, and many more.
WELL (Writing & English Learning Lab): Helps with writing and general language support to South’s global community of English language learners. For ESL, IEP, High School 21+, GED, College Prep, I-BEST/Career Training, Pivot Point, or any Professional Technical Career Training courses.
Business/Accounting: Helps with Business, Accounting and Economics courses.
Geek Hauz: Geek Hauz helps with all computer classes and Year Up program students.
E-Tutoring: Provides live tutoring in a wide range of subjects through the Western e-Tutoring Consortium.
Our department has a goal to provide a supportive community and quality tutoring that leads students to independent learning and helps them achieve academic success.
The Tutoring Center at SSC is dedicated to delivering services that uphold high academic standards and empower students to become responsible, active, and independent learners who can adapt to different learning environments.
- Accessibility for all learners.
- Collaboration through open communication and commitment to working together.
- Diversity, inclusion, and equity for all individuals, particularly the underserved in our community.
- Growth and development of department staff through trainings.
- Integrity by adhering to the highest standards of ethics in higher education.
Tutoring Center Goals:
- Increase student engagement in the learning process.
- Foster academic improvement and greater understanding in tutored courses.
- Serve diverse student populations, reducing barriers for student success by responding to their unique learning needs.
- Provide a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment that supports teacher instruction and supplements student learning.
The Tutoring Center at South Seattle College is committed to the success of South’s diverse student population. Within a warm, welcoming and friendly environment, the Center offers helpful and flexible academic support to all students free of charge.
Interested in Getting Tutoring? Have Questions?
Call, email, or stop by our main office at RSB 12 for questions or to find a match for your tutoring needs!
Location: Robert Smith Building (RSB), room 12 (See RSB map.)
Regular Hours: See Operating Hours
Contact Name: Marianna Asaturova, Director, Tutoring Center