Service Update: ctcLink is Now Live!
Students, the new ctcLink system is now live to help you better manage your college experience. Many systems, including class registration, have transitioned to ctcLink. Learn more and activate your ctcLink account today.
Students should expect delayed responses from our offices because, much like you, we are also learning how to use and navigate the new system. Thank you for your patience during this transition and please continue to contact Student Services through Virtual Assistance.
Remote Operations Update:
During SSC remote operations due to COVID-19, Advisors are available for appointments via Zoom (preferred) or phone. Questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are ways to connect with Advising:
- Ideal for current South students
- Indicate if you prefer a Zoom or phone appointment
- Current Students: Scroll down and watch the video below to learn how to make an appointment directly with your advisor through Starfish.
- Get help scheduling appointments and with general advising questions
- We do NOT issue entry codes in LiveChat
- Click zoom.us/my/ssc.advising or copy/paste the URL into your browser to chat with Advising support staff
- Hours: Monday – Thursday
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Get help with scheduling appointments and general advising questions
- Monday - Thursday, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- We do NOT issue entry codes in drop in advising
- Click zoom.us/my/ssc.advising or copy/paste the URL into your browser to chat with Advising support staff and one of our advisors
email@example.com - please include the following information in your message
- Name and ctcLink ID (EMPLID) number. If you have not activated your ctcLink ID (EMPLID), please click here for information on how activate your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) reset your password or update/recover your ctcLink account.
- Any attachments relevant to your request or question (unofficial transcripts, placement documents, etc.)
- Courses you’re trying to register for – include the four-digit item number.
- Permission codes are ONLY issued through AdvisorSouth
- Messages checked daily
- Callback is 2 – 3 business days
- Leave a voicemail with your name, ctcLink ID (EMPLID) number, call back number, and why you want to schedule an appointment. If you have not activated your ctcLink ID (EMPLID), please click here for information on how activate your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) reset your password or update/recover your ctcLink account.
- Please ensure your voicemail is set up.
The Advising Team offers a comprehensive array of services designed to assist you reach your educational goals.
CURRENT STUDENTS can book appointments online by following the “Schedule Advising Appointment” button above.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS need to call the Advising Center front desk to schedule an appointment with an advisor at (206) 934-5387.
* Enrolled in classes at North Seattle College, South Seattle College, or Seattle Central College anytime in the last 6 academic quarters and have a MySeattleColleges password
* Applied to one of the three colleges and received a ctcLink ID (EMPLID) within the last 9 months and created their MySeattleColleges password. If you have not activated your ctcLink ID (EMPLID), please click here for information on how activate your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) reset your password or update/recover your ctcLink account.
* Never applied to North Seattle College, South Seattle College, or Seattle Central College
* Returning after more than 6 academic quarters without taking any classes
Students who were previously enrolled at South, but not in the last 6 academic quarters will not be able to log into the online scheduling system and need to call Advising at (206) 934-5387.