WorkSource Career Center
WorkSource Career Center - Contact & Hours
Hours: Available by email or phone (please leave a message)
Monday thru Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed all major holidays.
Virtual Drop-in Hours:
All WorkSource drop-in office hours will be delivered online through Zoom (video conferencing tool) until further notice.
For general job search questions and resource referrals:
Hours: Monday/Wednesday - 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesday - 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (Click to open Zoom)
For resume and internship assistance:
Hours: Thursdays – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Click to open Zoom)
We are Available Remotely to Help You
It is the vision of South’s WorkSource Career Center to promote the job readiness of the South Seattle community through education, campus collaboration, and strong employer partnerships. Through career services and faculty mentorship, we are open to everyone to gain the necessary tools to be successful in their internship, career searches, and career pathway.
Ways the WorkSource Can Assist During Remote Operations:
- Career coaching, resumé & cover letter, job search, internship, interviewing prep, industry information, employer connections.
- Students still needing to register for internships for Spring Quarter will be able to do so via email, contact the career specialist that supports your respective program.
- Anyone needing career services can still receive support via email, phone, or video chat. Make an appointment.
- Connect to support resources at southseattle.edu/coronavirus/current-students.
For information on Unemployment Insurance and how to file a claim:
- Website: esd.wa.gov/unemployment,
- Call: 800.318.6022
- Webinar: esd.wa.gov/newsroom/introduction-to-unemployment-insurance-public-webinar.
How to sign up for a SAW account to file an unemployment insurance:
- Go to SecureAccess Washington and select Create an Account.
- Click Start.
- Enter your personal information in the fields provided and click Next.
- Create a user ID and password and click Next.
- Review your information (You may want to print this page for your records). Click Next.
- Enter the security code in the field provided and click Submit.
- You'll see an on-screen request to check your email for a message from SecureAccess Washington.
- Go to your email inbox, open the message and click the link to activate your new account. This link takes you back to SecureAccess Washington.
- Enter the User ID and Password you created in Step 4 above and click login.
Welcome to South Seattle College's Career Center! This is a WorkSource Affiliate site that provides services to aid your employment search. Resources are available to students and community members and we have qualified staff to assist you in all stages of the job search. We look forward to working with you!
To explore all WorkSource has to offer, please visit our links below and in the menu to the left. If you have questions, please visit our office at RSB 79 or call 206.934.5304.
- Schedule an Appointment
- Career Exploration
- Faculty & Staff Resources & Requests
- Workshops & Events
- Job Skills Videos
WorkSource Seattle-King County partners are equal opportunity employers/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities, through Washington Relay 711.