Mission Statement, Core Themes & Community Responsibilities
As an open-access learning institution, Seattle Colleges prepares each student for success in life and work, fostering a diverse, engaged, and dynamic community.
Seattle Colleges is recognized as an exemplary learning institution that transforms lives, promotes equity, and enriches the community.
- Student Achievement
- Teaching and Learning
- College Culture and Climate
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Accessibility for all learners and partners
- Collaboration through open communication and commitment to working together.
- Diversity, inclusion, and equity for all individuals, particularly the underserved in our community.
- Fiscal sustainability for long-term viability and excellence in service and operations.
- Growth and development of faculty and staff through professional development
- Innovation in instruction, student services, operations, and organizational culture
- Integrity by adhering to the highest standards of ethics and public stewardship
College Community Responsibilities
- Treat each other with courtesy and respect
- Speak civilly and act responsibly with consideration for the rights of others
- Affirm the value of diversity and promote cultural sensitivity
- Maintain a safe and welcoming community