NOTE for Running Start students during the COVID-19 campus closures:
- For continuing Running Start students, if you have any questions or schedule change requests for Spring Quarter with or without an EVF, you may e-mail Rachel.Navarro@seattlecolleges.edu.
- For potential/new Running Start students, including those who are interested in getting started for Spring or Fall 2020, you may e-mail Lynn.Christiansen@seattlecolleges.edu.
- To make an appointment with a Running Start advisor, please contact Sinath.Touch@seattlecolleges.edu.
Welcome to the Running Start program at South!
Running Start is an exciting option that allows qualified high school juniors and seniors to enroll tuition-free in college courses. Credits earned at South Seattle College can satisfy high school graduation requirements and are transferable to most 4-year colleges and universities.
- Students need to have achieved junior or senior status as determined by their Washington state public high school. Home-schooled students may also access Running Start.
- Students need to demonstrate they are prepared for college-level work by taking our English and Math assessment test and placing into college-level English (ENGL&101) and/or college-level math.
What does Running Start Cost?
Tuition for college level courses is free! The number of credits you are eligible to take for free is determined by your high school counselor based on the number of high school classes you are taking at the same time.
Students are responsible for books, transportation and mandatory student fees. Students eligible for free or reduced lunch at their high school are eligible for the book loan and fee waiver program.