For new, returning and enrolling students seeking a certificate or degree.
You belong here. Let’s get started.
Welcome to South Seattle College’s Welcome Center. We’re glad you're here!
Need help getting started? The Welcome Center offers new students and prior SSC students (who took a break and are returning to college) guidance and support through the enrollment process. Our Welcome Center staff is ready to answer your questions and help you navigate your Steps to Enroll.
The Welcome Center is your place to get one-on-one help with:
- Navigating the Admission Application
- Clarifying the Steps to Enroll
- Planning around upcoming enrollment dates
- Exploring information about degrees and certificate pathways
- Understanding funding options (FASFA, WASFA, Workforce)
- One-on-one enrollment coaching
- Navigating Veteran student enrollment
You can reach us via email, Live Chat, and in-person. See our Welcome Center Contact & Hours for more details.
Enrollment Coaching Appointments
If you complete the survey below our team can help you with your enrollment steps. The survey takes about 5 minutes and will ask some personal questions to help us understand how to best serve you. You do not have to complete this survey to enroll, but is required if you are seeking an Enrollment Coaching support appointment since it allows us to help you access more resources.
Please Note: International students, Running Start, Continuing Education and Career Link students have unique requirements for their enrollment pathways. Please connect with department staff in those areas for further guidance.
Check out these funding videos created by our TRIO Educational Opportunity Center for guidance on FAFSA/WASFA completion and completing your finanacial aid file!
- FAFSA or WASFA? Which application do I complete?
- What is dependency and why does it matter for the FAFSA/WASFA?
- Completing the FAFSA
- Completing the WASFA
- After completing the FAFSA or WASFA: Completing your financial aid file
If the only Step to Enroll you need help with is with completing your FAFSA/WASFA application, please schedule an appointment with a Benefits Hub staff member. Sign-up for a FAFSA/WASFA appointment by following the link below.
To find resources to assist you if you are not first time or returning to college, please see links below.