About South Seattle College
Established in 1969 and located on an 87-acre hilltop campus in West Seattle, South Seattle College offers panoramic views of the city skyline and surrounding mountains. This unique setting serves as a portal of opportunity for students with diverse needs to meet their educational and career goals. You can also train as an apprentice at the 13-acre Georgetown Campus.
We offer the right degrees and certificates to match your goals, whether you are just starting your higher education, looking to advance your career or try a new direction.
South provides opportunities to:
- complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree program or get your Bachelor of Applied Science degree here on campus.
- train for rewarding careers in an abundance of professional/technical programs (more info).
- train as an apprentice at the Apprenticeship & Education Center.
- update job skills or change careers.
- complete high school and improve basic skills (more info).
- learn English as a second language (more info).
- expand your horizons with lifelong learning (more info).
A moderate teacher/student ratio at South translates into personal attention for each student. Faculty members are exceptionally well qualified in their subject areas and are truly interested in helping each student achieve success.
We at South Seattle College would like to acknowledge that we are on the traditional land of the First People of Seattle, The Duwamish People, past and present, and honor with gratitude the land itself and the Duwamish Tribe.