Participating in Student Leadership opportunities at South Seattle College helps students develop and cultivate leadership and personal skills.
- Get involved with student government as a paid member or volunteer!
- Join a student organization
- Serve as a paid student representative on a campus committee. We need the student voice on important faculty tenure committees and more!
- Attend a leadership conference
- Travel and Learn
- Apply for scholarships--- All -Washington / All-USA Scholarship & Pride Foundation
No experience necessary. We offer training with core themes of student activism, communication, self-knowledge and service learning.
Jerry Brockey Student Center
JMB 126 Student Leadership Office
Attend a Conference
Conferences are a great way for to learn more about topics of special interest. It's also an opportunity to meet other student leaders, and to galvanize efforts to make change. Stop by our office and learn more about how you can apply to attend one of these conferences for free. We pay for hotel, transportation, conference fees, and meals.
- Legislative Academy - Learn more about how Olympia operates and how you can advocate for student interests. The Academy is usually in October.
- Northwest Student Leadership Conference at Portland State University – One of the best all-around conferences
- LEAP (Latino Education Achievement Project)
- LGBTQ Power of One Conference
- Students of Color Conference - Held each year in April. Applications available in late February.
- Student Voice Academy - Student leaders develop "platforms" which are presented to the Legislature. See the Council of Unions and Student Programs (CUSP) web page.
Travel and Learn
While you are a student, take time to travel outside of the US and learn more about yourself and the world.
- Global Impact is our district-wide international service learning program. Imagine yourself traveling to Vietnam, Peru or Tanzania this summer. Scholarships are available!