Career Link is a high school completion program for students ages 16-21 who no longer attend traditional high school. We offer students the opportunity to work on academic skills, personal development, and make progress towards a high school diploma during their enrollment. Career Link is a partnership between South Seattle College and the Highline School District designed to help students complete a diploma and make the transition to post-secondary education.
Our focus is to provide high school completion courses and classroom experience preparing students for academic success and a transition to college programs. Students may earn dual credit for high school completion and college credit. Youth who enroll in our program attend full-time at no cost. Students explore career and educational options while building solid basic academic skills and explore college programs at no charge while completing their high school diploma.
Career Link at South’s mission is to prepare students for success in college and a career while they work toward earning a high school diploma. We maintain high standards for our program participants. All Career Link students will be expected to follow the Career Link Code of Conduct.
Career Link serves about 200 students each quarter.
To learn more about Career Link, please attend an information session. Attending an information session is required to begin the enrollment process.
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 3:00pm in RAH 109
- Monday, November 4, 2019 at 3:00pm in RAH 109
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 3:00pm in RAH 109
All information sessions are held in Rainier Hall Room 107.
You can also view our flyer.
- The Washington Achievement Awards celebrate the state’s top performing schools in multiple categories. Award winning schools share at least one common attribute: the power to profoundly affect student learning.
- Career Link was chosen by the Department of Labor/National Youth Employment Coalition to receive a PepNet Award in 1996. Career Link was one of 18 to receive this national best practice award.
- Career Link was recognized as a transformational education school. Transformational Education (TED) is a comprehensive educational approach that creates an environment which appreciates the strengths and talents and develops the potential of adolescents by responding to the needs of young adults who are not well-served by traditional public schools.