Multi-Occupational Trades (MOT)
Use Your Apprenticeship Experience to Earn a Degree! With the completion of additional general education classes beyond your registered apprenticeship training, students can earn an Associate of Applied Science Transfer (AAS-T) degree in Multi-Occupational Trades (MOT) from South Seattle College to open up future career advancement opportunities and increased earning power.
Degree Progression & Requirements
Earn an AAS-T degree in Multi-Occupational Trades by completing the following:
- Completion of a registered apprenticeship program of at least 6,000 hours - certified by the Registered Apprenticeship Committee (RAC)
- Completion of at Least 450 hours of related training certified by the RAC
General Education Requirements (additional degree options available based on prior college enrollment):
- ENG& 101 - English Composition
- CMST& 220 - Public Speaking
- MATH& 107 - Math in Society
- PSYC& 100 - General Psychology or SOC& 101 - Introduction to Sociology
Upon satisfying all degree requirements, you will apply to graduate and be awarded an Associate of Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) degree in Multi-Occupational Trades. The AAS-T degree is transferable into many of Washington State’s Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree programs.
Transferring Prior Learning Credits
Just as many of the credits you earn at South can transfer to other colleges and universities, if you have taken college-level courses elsewhere in the past, it is possible those will count toward your AAS-T degree. Eligibility of credits from outside institutions will be determined on a case-by case basis, and our Student Services team will help you navigate this process.
For more information on how to request transcripts, please see the Transfer & Other Forms of Credit webpage.