On this page you'll find deadlines and steps to apply for graduation and information on receiving your diplomas.
Important Notice: Students must apply for graduation no later than May 9, 2022 to ensure your name appears in the printed commencement program!
Apply for Graduation
The graduation application submission deadlines are listed below:
|Graduation Term||Graduation Application Opens||Graduation Application Submission Deadline||Diplomas Available|
|Winter 2022||October 15th, 2021||February 15th, 2022||End of April|
|Spring 2022||January 15th, 2022||May 15th, 2022*||End of July|
|Summer 2022||March 15th, 2022||July 15th, 2022*||End of September|
|Fall 2022||May 16th, 2022||November 15th, 2022||End of January|
|Winter 2023||October 17th, 2022||February 15th, 2023||End of April|
|Spring 2023||January 17th, 2023||May 15th, 2023||End of July|
|Summer 2023||March 14th, 2023||July 14th, 2023||End of September|
* Important Notice: Students must apply for graduation no later than May 9, 2022 to ensure your name appears in the printed commencement program!
If you missed an open graduation application term, please contact your advisor/counselor or a completion coach.
Please follow these steps in order to complete the graduation application process:
- Apply to graduate through the ctcLink Student Self-Service Portal. For step-by-step help, please view the instructions on how to apply.
- If the program is incorrect, please contact email@example.com before completing the online graduation application.
- Your advisor/counselor will review your graduation application. When your advisor/counselor has approved your application, the approval will show in your Academic Records tile under “View My Milestones”.
- You will be contacted only if there are issues with your graduation application.
- Pass your final classes! Graduation application processing begins after grades have been posted to student transcripts.
- You will only be contacted during the process if there are questions.
- Update your mailing address through the Student Self-Service. You can follow the instructions here.
- After your degree is posted, your graduation status will be updated to “Degree Awarded”. Your diploma or certificate will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your profile.
- We cannot provide tracking information.
- If the diploma is undeliverable and sent back to South, we will email you to confirm your address and send again.
- Order your official transcript if you need it to be sent to you or to another school/institution.
- Visit our Commencement Ceremony page for more information about how you can participate in the annual Seattle Colleges commencement celebration.
For students who have applied and completed all program requirements, diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address listed on your profile. Graduates who have not received their diploma seven business days after the mailing deadline will need to contact the Evaluations Office at SEvaluations@seattlecolleges.edu.
The only document accepted as proof of conferral in the United States is your sealed and official transcript, which can be pre-ordered following instructions found on our transcripts page. Normally, your degree or certificate is posted to your transcript within three weeks after the end of your final quarter. If you are an International student and in immediate need of your diploma, you may contact SEvaluations@seattlecolleges.edu to make alternate arrangements.
Duplicate Degree/Certificate Copies
Duplicate diploma requests are for those graduates who have previously received their first, original, free diploma and now need an additional diploma copy. For duplicate copies of a degree or certificate awarded by South Seattle College, fill out the Duplicate Request form and place your order through the Cashier’s Office in person, by fax or by mail. Duplicates are normally mailed 3-5 weeks after the request and payment have been processed.