Current Hours of Operation
- Starting Sept. 26, hours will be:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 206-934-6670
Current Operation Offerings
- Indoor basketball court (with our Otter logo at mid court!)
- Equipment checkout
- Prayer/Reflection space
- Cardio room
- Mothering room
- Locker rooms
- Checkout services for outdoor ping-pong tables
What Students Will Need to Use the Wellness Center
- Proof of current enrollment with Wellness Fee included in tuition
- ctcLink ID number
- Valid ID
- Complete and sign a waiver form
What Employees Will Need to Use the Wellness Center
- Request an invoice from Wellness Center staff for quarterly or monthy access. You can also pay for locker rentals on a monthly basis.
- Pay the invoice at the cashier's office and bring the payment reciept to Wellness Center staff for your membership.
- Complete and sign a waiver form
Following a student-elected referendum in May 2015 to charge a new student fee for facility construction and improvement, South Seattle College began collecting a "Student Campus Enhancement Fee" in Winter 2016 to support funding for a Wellness Center facility on the main campus at 6000 16th Ave SW. This page contains information about the Wellness Center project.
- Learn more about the Student Campus Enhancement Fee.
- Download the May 2020 Wellness Center update presentation (PDF).
- Watch: President Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap provides Wellness Center updates to the United Student Association (6.3.2020)
Wellness Center Features
The following Wellness Center features are tentative and based on program requests. Actual features may change depending on cost.
- Weight and Cardio
- Yoga Room
- Prayer Space
- Ablutions facilities (washing stations)
Total Construction Costs: $10,484,323 (The building will be funded through a “Certificate of Participation” with the State of Washington in annual payments for a 20 year term.)
Annual Debt Service: $635,107
Annual Maintenance and Operations Costs: $119,163
Annual College Operational Budget: $125,000
The design of the facility began in early 2016 with a committee consisting of student representatives, Student Life staff and leadership, and college subject matter experts in facilities and budget. Construction began at the end of August 2020, and the building is expected to open in 2022.
The Wellness Center Advisory Committee will begin meeting in Fall 2020 and will oversees the approval of the Wellness Center’s annual budget and facility usage fees, and is responsible for representing student concerns, issues and ideas. Voting members are comprised of students (8), staff (2) faculty (2) and an alumni or community representative (1).
For any further questions, please contact the Interim Director of the Student Wellness Center Colby Keene at email@example.com.
Update for Jan. 28, 2021
To celebrate the start of construction on our new campus Wellness Center, students and staff recorded a celebratory video using the #PassTheBallChallange to share their excitement and gratitude!
Huge thank you to those who helped contribute to this video; Mahsa Mohajeri, 2020-21 United Student Association President, Monica Lundberg, Student Life Advisor, Dr. Dan Johnson, Dean of Student Life, Jeffrey Campbell, 2018-19 USA President and President Rimando-Chareunsap.
Photo courtesy of Craig Grosinger Director, Facilities Operations and Capital Projects.
Update for Nov. 17, 2020
Great news! Construction has started on the Wellness Center, with an expected opening in Fall 2021. A celebratory video is currently being prepared to share more about the project with students, faculty and staff.
Photos courtesy of Monica Lundberg.