Over 150 classes each quarter for everything from computer skills to cooking to home repair. Designed to fit into your busy schedule, these classes offer the learning opportunities you’re looking for, along with the flexibility you need. Visit Continuing Education's dedicated website to browse and register for classes.
Education to Go (short-term training or enrichment): For topics from Spanish to writing, there’s an online class here to fit your interests. Our partner, Ed2Go, offers over 350 courses each term taught by professionals, taken entirely online.
Career Training Programs (online certificate programs): South Seattle College, Continuing Education, in partnership with Ed2Go, offers online open enrollment programs designed to provide the skills necessary to acquire professional level positions for many in-demand occupations.
Career and Technical Teacher Education (CTE)
Flexible. Professional. Affordable. Come to South for CTE teacher certification classes through our program approved by the state's Professional Education Standards’ Board. See the Career and Technical Teacher Education web page.
Continuing Education Registration
NON-CREDIT/Lifelong Learning classes: Please use one of these options to register:
- Online: Visit LearnAtSouth.org. See courses, register, pay, get a receipt and directions quickly and easily.
- Phone: Call 206.934.5339 to register for Continuing Education courses or workshops using a Master Card, Visa, American Express or Discover credit card. After hours, leave a message for a return call the next business day.
- Mail: Please print, complete and mail in the Continuing Education registration form (PDF)
- Come in: Visit the Continuing Education Office to pay by check or credit card.
- Fax: Please print, complete and fax the Continuing Education registration form (PDF) to 206.934.6699.
- Gift Giving: A course or workshop makes a great gift! Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, new home, new baby, graduation, promotion, retirement or just say "thank you" with the gift of learning. Let us know if it's a gift; we can send a presentation certificate. Click here to order online.
Continuing Education Cancellation Policy
Classes may need to be canceled if enrollment is low, due to an emergency, or if the college is officially closed due to bad weather. We often hold courses open until 24 hours before the first class meeting. If a class is cancelled, we will make every effort to call you, so be sure to list day, evening and message phone numbers (with area code) when you register. You are also welcome to contact our office at 206.934.5339 to confirm class status. In the case of a cancellation, you will receive a full refund by check or credit card depending on how you paid. Please allow ample time for refund check processing and credit card account transactions.
Continuing Education Refund Policy
This schedule applies to both the class and material fees for Continuing Education courses.
- 100%: Any time class is canceled by the College.
- 100%: Withdrawal before two (2) business days before first class meeting, less $6.00 fee.
- 0%: Withdrawal less than two (2) business days before first meeting.
- 0%: Withdrawal after class begins.
- 0%: No appearance at class.
Daily parking passes are sold at ticket machines in the North, South and Visitor parking lots and in the South Seattle College's Cashier's office. If you wish to purchase a quarterly pass (available at the Cashier's office or CED office.) The cost for a pass is $25 for a registered South Continuing Education Student. Please come to the Continuing Education office (CED) quarterly in Olympic Hall before 6 p.m. weekdays.