General Rules & Policies
- Food and/or drinks are not allowed in the labs, library or information commons.
- Academic use of the computing resources takes priority.
- Loud or disruptive conduct is not tolerated (no loud voices, cell phone use or pager activity).
- Commercial and unlawful use of the computing resources is prohibited. Violators may be subject to arrest and prosecution under state and federal law.
- CURRENT Student LOG-IN Required
- Computers available on a first come first serve basis
- NO Food or Drink Allowed
- NO children permitted
- NO Cell phone usage allowed
- NO Playing GAMES allowed
- NO personal emails during peak hours (9am-11am)
- Computer abuse/misuse WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Individuals found abusing computing facilities may be subject to immediate suspension of computing privileges.
Examples of misuse/abuse are, but not limited to:
- Illegal copying of copyrighting software, music or videos
- Unauthorized installation or removal of software or files
- Tampering with system configuration
- The unauthorized connection or disconnection of any computer or device to any network outlet, cable or device other than those that are specifically designated as a student or public network access points
- Bypassing or attempting to circumvent security and software metering measures
- Use of computer resources for commercial purposes
- Use of computer resources for social functions and events of non-SCC sponsored groups, clubs or individuals
- Activities that are not college business or academic in nature that unnecessarily uses network bandwidth or storage, including but not limited to, audio or video broadcasts and the downloading or sharing of data, music or video
- Playing games
- Establishing servers or file sharing services including the downloading and sharing music and videos
- Installation or use of unauthorized network or telecommunications devices, including but not limited to computers, wireless access devices, switches, routers, transceivers, media converters, modems, or telephones
- Installation or use of unauthorized network diagnostic, monitoring or eavesdropping equipment, software or tools including but not limited to, packet capturing software or devices, cable analyzers, traffic generators or network management tools or software
- Exceeding estimated limit on printing
These rules are subject to change with notification.
By using the computer resources on campus, you are agreeing to comply with the rules and policies for the computer labs. Violation of these rules and policies may result in loss of computer lab privileges.