Associate of Science (AS) Track 2
There are two options for AS Degree students. Track 2 is designed for engineering, physics, computer science, or atmospheric sciences majors.
This Associate of Science (AS) degree program prepares students for transfer to Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Atmospheric Science programs at four-year colleges and universities and will give students basic skills needed by all engineers and scientists. Students study basic mathematical and scientific principles with an emphasis on problem solving and critical thinking. Additionally, the program provides students experience with extensive laboratory work. The curriculum also develops other job related skills such as communications and human relations. Credits earned with the AS degree at South Seattle College can be applied toward the first two years of a four-year bachelor’s degree in engineering computer science, physics or atmospheric science.
We offer a variety of programs pathways to match your interests and enhance your Associate of Science (Track 2) degree:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer & Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aerospace Engineering
- Physics & Astronomy
Students who successfully complete this program will show:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and scientific principles to scientific problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to think critically in evaluating information, solving problems and making decisions.
- An ability to function on diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to access and evaluate information from a variety of sources including the Internet.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively with written, oral, and visual means.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of scientific and engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- An ability to use modern scientific techniques, skills, and technology including computing and programming tools necessary for scientific/engineering practice.
AS Track 2 Degree Planning Sheet (PDF)
Transfer Information Sessions
Sign-up for a Transfer Information Session to learn how you can take your freshman and sophomore classes at South for a fraction of the cost, and then transfer to a four-year university or college with the skills, confidence and knowledge to complete your bachelor’s degree.