What is an Educational Plan?
A quarter-by-quarter plan of which classes you need to take at South to meet your goals (e.g. graduation, degree completion, transfer, etc).
Why is it important?
- Ensure courses you are taking meet graduation requirements
- Know in advance which classes to register for next quarter
- Prepare to transfer to a university
- Ownership of educational journey; this is YOUR responsibility
What are the Steps to creating an Educational Plan?
- Choose a transfer degree for your intended major or a Professional & Technical Career Training program.
- Create a draft using the Student Educational Planning Tool within MySouth. Log in with your MySeattleColleges username and password. Learn more about limited services accessed through MySouth.
- Set up an appointment with an advisor to go over your draft and to ask questions.
- Revise your educational plan as your goals and timelines change. Check in each quarter with your advisor to ensure the courses you select are still acceptable.
What if I am unsure of what to study?
Counselors are ready to help you explore a variety of careers and programs! Request an appointment with a Counselor by calling 206.934.6409.
Who do I contact for help?
Advising: Appointments available by calling 206.934.5387, stopping by the WSECU Advising Center in RSB 11, or booking online.
Note: Educational Planning appointments are not available during peak registration times (e.g. the first week of the quarter) so be sure to plan ahead!
- Student Educational Planning Tool
- Advising webpage
- Transfer Resources webpage
- Educational Planning Printable Worksheet