Career Services for Employers
Thank you for expressing interest in working with South Seattle College students and our greater community! Below are a variety of options for employers to engage with, whether it’s posting a job or internship opportunity, participating in a networking event, offering career guidance and mentorship, or hosting a site visit at your company.
Posting Positions: Employment opportunities are shared frequently with students, alumni, faculty, and staff of targeted academic programs that align with employers hiring needs.
The Seattle Colleges are Moving to Handshake!
With Handshake, your team will gain many great new features like:
- Managing all your campuses with Handshake at no cost.
- A mobile experience - update your job postings, view applicants, and more all while on the go using Handshake's responsive design.
With our transition to Handshake, you will be able to post jobs for students at all three of the Seattle Colleges (North, Central, and South) with a single connection. On Handshake, we are collectively known simply as “Seattle Colleges”.
In early September, we will send you an invitation from Handshake to create an account. Signing up is easy and takes less than 5 minutes. Please post any jobs that will be open on or after September 20, 2021. Students will be invited into the system shortly thereafter to start applying!
Want more information? Visit Handshake's Employer Site.
To advertise a position now, please complete this form (please keep in word format) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also post your job opportunities on WorkSource WA by completing an employer account here.
Job Posting Guidelines:
As a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), we believe in meeting the strong ethical standards set up in NACE’s Principles for Professional Practice. So, to ensure equitable and consistent service, employers must meet the following guidelines to post employment opportunities:
- The employer must be affiliated with a profit corporation or non-profit agency.
- The position must be paid at minimum wage, with the exception of an un-paid internship.
- Employees must receive a W-2 or 1099.
- The company cannot charge a fee to potential applicants.
- No personal posting will be allowed.
- No direct marketing or pyramid based “positions” will be posted.
- The employer must utilize non- discriminatory and fair hiring and practices as identified by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the above NACE Principles.
- Seattle Colleges reserves the right to remove any posting not deemed to meet these posting standards.
To learn more, please visit our Contact Us page for contact information.