A note to South Seattle College enrolled and prospective students:
South Seattle College provides counseling services to individuals seeking to explore themselves in the context of career discernment and career decision making. Understanding your skills, interests, personality, values, and other aspects of self are an important part of career exploration. Counseling services are free of charge and virtual appointments are available. Individuals desiring more information can visit the Counseling website.
Discover information and inspiration to help you achieve your career goals.
Check out our recommend resources for resume examples, interview tips, and career exploration tools!
- Career advice on how to find a job, write your resume and cover letter, ace your interviews, start a new job, and choose career paths.
- Whether you’re searching for a job for the first time or are interested in changing careers, it’s important to understand what your options are. In addition to detailing what you can expect to do and earn in hundreds of different roles, the following articles outline the steps you should take to get a particular job. Learn about careers that might be right for you, and narrow in on the opportunities that you want to pursue.
- Glassdoor has millions of personalized jobs, salary information, company reviews, and interview questions — all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers like you.
- PayScale offers in-depth salary data for specific jobs, employers, schools, and more. See detailed job descriptions and get information on job satisfaction, job demographics, common job skills and how pay varies over time and between locations.
- Information on labor markets is valuable data in determining what both the future and current employment opportunities look like. These links allow the individual to research indicators such as job growth, unemployment statistics, and economic / demographic data.