Remote Operations Update:
The Benefits Hub is now available for students to make appointments. Click here to make an appointment.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Virtual Drop-In Hours:
Thursdays 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Click here to join via Zoom)
Welcome to the United Way Benefits Hub at South Seattle College.
We know that balancing work, life, and college isn’t easy. That’s why the Benefits Hub is here to get you connected to the resources you need to survive and thrive in school.
The Benefits Hub is here to get you connected to the resources you need to survive and thrive in school. To schedule an appointment with a Benefits Hub Coach, click here.
Get help signing up for public benefits like a reduced transit fare (ORCA LIFT), food resources including Basic Food (SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps), health insurance, and much more. Washington state is now approving more low-income students to receive food assistance through the Basic Food Employment (BFET). ALL low-income students enrolled in certificates and degree programs, up to a 2-year degree, are now eligible for BFET.
DoorDash: DoorDash Food Box: Any South Seattle College student who cannot afford groceries can receive a weekly FREE GROCERY BOX, delivered for FREE from DoorDash! Grocery boxes will be culturally specific, so you can even choose a box for your Southeast Asian or East African Halal or Latinx family! Sign up here! (https://uwkc.socialsolutionsportal.com/apricot-intake/aa3fc530-8bf5-44a3-bb39-08118c4ffc5e)
Perks of receiving SNAP/EBT:
- Amazon Prime Discount (free food delivery excludes Whole Foods *EBT eligible)
- SNAP Market Match (Fresh Bucks)
- Complete Eats
- Free and reduced School Lunch Program
- Fresh EBT Smartphone App
- BFET Workforce Education
- Lifeline Free Cell Phone program
- ORCA Lift Bus Card
- Comcast Internet Essentials
- Museums for All
- Discounts on fruits and veggies at Safeway
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Get help accessing eviction prevention funds, navigating emergency housing, receive other supports like rent and utility assistance, and referrals to community-based organizations. You must schedule an appointment with a Benefits Hub Coach to receive assistance, click here.
- We will need to do a household budget to complete a housing support application.
- You must follow through with a Housing Support Specialist appointment with Neighborhood House to get help with move in costs.
- Enrolled in 6 credits or more OR be degree-seeking at a Benefits Hub partner college OR transferring a degree from another country
- Behind on rent OR behind on mortgage OR located a new place to live
- Demonstrate financial need: have a monthly household income below 80% Area Median Income OR be impacted by COVID-19
- Have NOT already received housing support funds this quarter
Students experiencing homelessness:
- Regional Access Point Contact: https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/community- human-services/housing/services/homeless-housing/coordinated-entry/access- points.aspx
- Other Rental Protection Resources:
- COVID Resources: https://www.rhawa.org/covid-19#financialrenters
- Housing Justice Project (Eviction Legal Services): https://www.kcba.org/For-the-Public/Free-Legal- Assistance/Housing-Justice-Project
Housing Search Assistance:
- Apartment Finder: https://www.apartmentfinder.com/
- ARCH Housing East King County Page 7: http://www.archhousing.org/renters/pdf/ARCH%20rental_August_2019.pdf
- Roommate Search Site: https://www.spareroom.com/roommates
- Roommate Search Site: https://www.roommates.com/
- 2-1-1: Rapid housing assistance
The Benefits Hub can help you apply for emergency funding through Emergency Funds and Benefits Hub Grant Funding to help meet your needs. Receive money to help with unexpected costs including transportation, medical, family/household emergencies, food, childcare expenses, and tuition. Awards vary depending on student need and resources available. Apply here.
Emergency Funds are a one-time award for tuition and fees. Emergency Funds can be used once a calendar year for required textbooks, transportation, or other related challenges that will inhibit academic progress or completion.
- Be enrolled in at least 5 credits
- Have a ctclink ID
Benefits Hub Grant Funding:
Students are eligible to apply for the Benefits Hub Grant if they are enrolled in 6 or more credits, or in a degree-seeking program at a Benefits Hub partner college. There are no citizenship requirements for Benefits Hub Emergency Grants. Grants are awarded based on available funds and student need. You must schedule an appointment with a Benefits Hub Coach to apply, click here.
Get help filling out the FAFSA or WASFA, find out whether you may be eligible for funding through the Workforce Education office, and learn about scholarships to help you pay for school.
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid)
Student ineligible for federal funding should complete WASFA application. Students can
Scholarships (Free money available to students)
Find more here: https://southseattle.edu/financial-aid/scholarships
Get connected to Mental Health services through South Seattle and other community organizations.
Peer Support Helpline: https://www.crisisconnections.org/wa-warm-line/
National Suicide Prevention: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-TALK, 800-273-8255 or Text HOME to ‘741741’
We can still connect you to resources. Schedule an appointment with a Benefits Hub Coach today!
Catholic Community Services: https://ccsww.org/get-help/shelter-homeless- services/emergency-assistance/
Salvation Army: https://tsawhitecenter.org/SeattleWhiteCenter/help
St. Vincent de Paul Society: https://svdpseattle.org/get-help/online-help-request-form/
Find more resources at United Way of King County website: https://www.uwkc.org/need-help/
Expand your opportunities by enrolling in school today, apply at South Seattle College or any of our community/technical colleges (it’s free to apply). Once enrolled, schedule an appointment with a Benefits Hub Coach for assistance with paying for college! Apply Today!