Spring Quarter 2020 Update:
The United Way Benefits Hub is currently operating remotely to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Services that are available remotely by phone and/email:
- Benefits Access: ORCA LIFT bus pass, and health insurance are available by phone. Basic food sign up will be in person at any DSHS office near you, or you may apply online.
- Housing Support
- Financial counseling: schedule an appointment; please see our financial counseling tab to the left of our online page
- Financial coaching: scholarship search and spending plan
Services that are not available due to the COVID-19 are:
- Free tax prep
- Financial aid application assistance
- Emergency funds
Benefit Hub Coach's email with students, community members and staff will follow the same service offerings:
Benefits Hub Coach
Benefits Hub Coach & Tax Site Manager
For students, or community members in need of immediate assistance please contact the agencies/tools below:
- Washington Connections for Social Services:
- Emerald City Resource Guide
- Parent/Nutrition Resources
Spring Quarter 2020 classes will start April 13 primarily through online and alternative modes of instruction where possible. Programs requiring labs and hands-on instruction will also begin April 13 at all campuses and locations with social distancing best practices in place. Learn more here.
Please navigate our Steps to Enroll below and reach out to InfoSouth@seattlecolleges.edu or the appropriate department with any questions or concerns regarding your enrollment process.
New and prospective students, learn more about accessing Student Services during the closure.
Welcome to the United Way Benefits Hub at South Seattle College.
We know that balancing work, life, and college isn’t easy. That’s why the Benefits Hub is here to get you connected to the resources you need to survive and thrive in school.
- Financial Aid Navigation: Get help filling out the FAFSA or WASFA, get help completing your financial aid file, find out whether you may be eligible for funding through the Workforce Education office, and learn about scholarships to help you pay for school
- Benefits Access: Get help signing-up for public benefits like ORCA LIFT bus pass, food resources including Basic Food (SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps), health insurance, and more
- Emergency Funds: Receive money to help with unexpected costs including transportation, medical, family/household emergencies, food and childcare expenses
- Housing Support: Get help accessing eviction prevention funds, navigating emergency housing, and receive other support and referrals to community based organizations
- Workshops: Learn more about personal finances and other services provided by Benefits Hub
- Financial Counseling: Create a spending plan, learn how to build or rebuild your credit, pull a credit report, and complete a financial checkup
- Free Tax Prep: Have someone prepare your taxes for FREE
Benefits Hub is now located in the WorkSource Career Center in the Robert Smith Building (RSB 79) across from TRIO Student Success Services (RSB 66 & 67). Please check-in with the front desk before proceeding to your appointment.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Mondays: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Thursdays: 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Make an Appointment with One of Our Coaches
Check out our list of documents to bring to your appointment. The documents you need to provide vary on the type of service you are requesting.
Staff & Faculty
Are you a faculty or staff member who wants to request an informational session or workshop in your class or for your student group? Fill out this form to make a request.
Benefits Hub is a free service provided to students through a partnership between United Way of King County and South Seattle College.
To find out more about our partnership and whether or not a Benefits Hub is located at your college, visit the United Way website.
Thanks to United Way of King County, South Seattle College, AmeriCorps, Neighborhood House, Sound Outreach, and WithinReach for their assistance to make this program possible.