Remote Operations Update:
The Benefits Hub is currently taking appointments on a limited basis for the rest of Summer Quarter. Click here to make an appointment.
Know your tenant rights. Governor Jay Inslee has extended the eviction moratorium prohibiting residential evictions through October 15, 2020. Learn more.
Welcome to the United Way Benefits Hub at South Seattle College.
We know that balancing work, life, and college isn’t easy. That’s why the Benefits Hub is here to get you connected to the resources you need to survive and thrive in school.
- Financial Aid Navigation: Get help filling out the FAFSA or WASFA, get help completing your financial aid file, find out whether you may be eligible for funding through the Workforce Education office, and learn about scholarships to help you pay for school
- Benefits Access: Get help signing-up for public benefits like ORCA LIFT bus pass, food resources including Basic Food (SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps), health insurance, and more
- Emergency Funds: Receive money to help with unexpected costs including transportation, medical, family/household emergencies, food and childcare expenses
- Housing Support: Get help accessing eviction prevention funds, navigating emergency housing, and receive other support and referrals to community based organizations
- Workshops: Learn more about personal finances and other services provided by Benefits Hub
- Financial Counseling: Create a spending plan, learn how to build or rebuild your credit, pull a credit report, and complete a financial checkup
- Free Tax Prep: Have someone prepare your taxes for FREE
Benefits Hub is now located in the WorkSource Career Center in the Robert Smith Building (RSB 79) across from TRIO Student Success Services (RSB 66 & 67). Please check-in with the front desk before proceeding to your appointment.
Make an Appointment with One of Our Coaches
Check out our list of documents to bring to your appointment. The documents you need to provide vary on the type of service you are requesting.
Staff & Faculty
Are you a faculty or staff member who wants to request an informational session or workshop in your class or for your student group? Fill out this form to make a request.
Benefits Hub is a free service provided to students through a partnership between United Way of King County and South Seattle College.
To find out more about our partnership and whether or not a Benefits Hub is located at your college, visit the United Way website.
Thanks to United Way of King County, South Seattle College, AmeriCorps, Neighborhood House, Sound Outreach, and WithinReach for their assistance to make this program possible.