Become a Tutor
The Tutoring Center is always looking for motivated and enthusiastic tutors in any subject. If you are interested in becoming a tutor, please fill out the Tutor Application Form. Return the completed form to the Tutoring Center via email to Marianna.Asaturova@seattlecolleges.edu and Monia.Hamam@seattlecolleges.edu or drop it off at the Tutoring Center office located in RSB 12.
Salary: $16 per hour
Job Type: Hourly (up to 16 hours per week)
The Tutoring Center at South Seattle College is looking for knowledgeable and highly motivated tutors with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communicate respectfully and work productively with students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Exhibit a welcoming, open and flexible attitude
- Model and promote effective learning methods
- Facilitate deeper comprehension of subject matter among tutees
- Demonstrate alternative methods of completing work
- Attend tutor-training workshops and complete online tutor trainings
- Student-applicants must have a GPA of 3.5 or above in subject areas they wish to tutor.
- Non-student applicants must attach a resume with the Tutor Application form.
- Applicants must have effective communication skills.
- Applicants must commit to tutor at least two consecutive quarters.
Hiring and Training
- Following the completion of your hiring paperwork, you will need to schedule an orientation with the Program Coordinator, Monia Hamam (Monia.Hamam@seattlecolleges.edu).
- Join our “Tutor Program Training” Canvas page and complete orientation quiz online, followed by FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) training, and other online tutor trainings.
- Always check your Seattle Colleges email for notifications about future tutoring workshops and trainings.
Note: Applications will be kept on file for one year. Filling out an application does not guarantee you will be hired. Applicants will not be contacted unless we are ready to offer a position.