The Tutoring Center at South Seattle College (SSC) provides online tutoring through its partnership with the Western e-Tutoring Consortium.
E-Tutoring services are provided free of charge for all students who are currently registered at South Seattle College.
Student Accounts will be ready on the 7th day of the quarter.
Writing Lab – allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response within 24-48 hours.
Live Tutoring – allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual environment.
Offline eQuestions – allows you to leave a specific question for an eTutor who will respond within 24-48 hours. eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject area covered.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Computer Science (Java & C++ only)
- Math (Developmental through Calculus)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (HTML, CSS, and WordPress)
On the 10th day of the quarter, SSC will automatically create E-Tutoring accounts for all enrolled students.
To access your E-Tutoring account:
- Go to eTutoringonline.org
- Click on “Login” in the upper right corner
- From the list of states, select Washington
- From the “Select your college” menu, on the right side of the screen, select South Seattle College.
- Log in using your MySeattleColleges login.
For example, John.Smith@seattlecolleges.edu, Username: John.Smith
- Note: If you do not know your MySeattleColleges login, please go to tools.seattlecolleges.edu and click on "Get My Credentials" to retrieve your MySeattleColleges login.
- Your password is set to a default – South50 – which you will need to change after your first log in.
Once you are logged into the E-Tutoring site, you can get online help in English, Math, Chemistry, Biology, Accounting, and numerous other college courses.
More information about E-Tutoring is available on the eTutoringonline.org page.
In case you encounter login problems, contact Monia Hamam, Program Coordinator, at Monia.Hamam@seattlecolleges.edu.