The Tutoring Center at South Seattle College (SSC) provides online tutoring through its partnership with the Western e-Tutoring Consortium.
E-Tutoring services are provided free of charge for all students who are currently registered at South Seattle College.
Writing Lab – allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive a tutor's response within 24-48 hours.
Live Tutoring – allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual environment.
Offline eQuestions – allows you to leave a specific question for an eTutor who will respond within 24-48 hours. eQuestions may be submitted for any of the subject area covered.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Computer Science (Java & C++ only)
- Math (Developmental through Calculus)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (HTML, CSS, and WordPress)
On the 10th day of the quarter, SSC will automatically create E-Tutoring accounts for all enrolled students.
To access your E-Tutoring account:
- Go to eTutoringonline.org
- Click on “Login” in the upper right corner
- From the list of states, select Washington
- From the “Select your college” menu, on the right side of the screen, select South Seattle College.
- Log in using your MySeattleColleges login.
For example, John.Smith@seattlecolleges.edu, Username: John.Smith
- Note: If you do not know your MySeattleColleges login, please go to tools.seattlecolleges.edu and click on "Get My Credentials" to retrieve your MySeattleColleges login.
- Your password is set to a default – South50 – which you will need to change after your first log in.
Once you are logged into the E-Tutoring site, you can get online help in English, Math, Chemistry, Biology, Accounting, and numerous other college courses.
More information about E-Tutoring is available on the eTutoringonline.org page.
In case you encounter login problems, contact Monia Hamam, Program Coordinator, at Monia.Hamam@seattlecolleges.edu.