How To Apply
Looking for Scholarship Information?
Please visit the Foundation webpage for scholarship information.
You need to apply to South Seattle College, as well as apply to the BAS program - and admission for BAS is competitive. Meeting the minimum application requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. Our cohort program enrolls students one time per year to begin in Fall quarter. Applications for admission are accepted after January 1st for Fall enrollment. Applications received after the priority deadline (see cover page of Application Packet for current priority deadline) will be reviewed and accepted on a space available basis. Please contact the BAS Programs office for more information.
Applications must include the following:
- A completed Application Form
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college demonstrating completion of college and technical courses.
- A completed and signed Transcript Evaluation Request Form
- Two letters of recommendation, from individuals who personally know your work (such as your current or past supervisor), that discuss your contributions to your work place, and how he or she believes you will benefit from completion of the Hospitality Management program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors on college letterhead. All letters need to contain your references’ name and contact information.
**Note: Applications will not be considered without a minimum of two recommendation letters.
- A personal statement of 400 - 600 words discussing:
- your work experience
- your personal and professional goals
- advanced certifications you already possess
- any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program
- any personal or imposed challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals
- any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program
Please mail all completed application materials to:
ATTN: Hospitality Management
South Seattle College
6000 16th Ave SW – TEC 140
Seattle, WA 98106-1499
To request additional information or a hard copy of the application packet, contact:
Phone: (206) 934-6737
FAX: (206) 934-5156