Nelnet Payment Plan
ONLINE PAYMENT UPDATE: Some students are encountering an issue in ctcLink where they are unable to make a credit card payment for tuition and fees. Please see our Tips for Making Payments in ctcLink page for help making online payments.
Don't have money to pay your tuition all at once? Join our online payment plan through Nelnet. Start budgeting for your education today. The sooner you start, the lower your monthly payments will be.
Having a solid plan for covering the cost of college is an important step toward graduation. South Seattle College is offering the services of Nelnet, a leading tuition payment plan provider, to make the process easier for you. Working together, South and Nelnet will provide you with strategies for covering the costs of college.
Please note: International students on non-immigrant visas are not eligible to participate in the Nelnet Payment Plan.
- Easy online enrollment
- Monthly payment plan
- Flexible payment options
- No interest
- Automatic bank payment (ACH)
- Credit card/debit card
- All down payments, full payments, and enrollment fees are processed immediately.
- Scheduled payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
- You must have a minimum balance of $100 to budget through the automatic payment plan.
Cost to Participate
- $17 enrollment fee per quarter (ACH & credit card)
- No enrollment fee for an immediate full payment (ACH)
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned
- NOTE: If you are paying through a Nelnet Payment Plan and fail to make a scheduled payment, you will NOT be dropped for non-payment. However, a hold will be placed on your SSC student account and that hold will remain until your Nelnet account is made current (i.e., you have caught up with your scheduled payments). You also remain responsible for keeping track of courses added to your schedule, and for dropping courses you do not want, including wait-listed courses. The hold on your SSC student account means you will not be able to register for future quarters and you will not be able to obtain financial aid.
- Visit ctcLink and login with your ctcLink and password. If you have not activated your ctcLink ID or need assistance recovering it, please click here for support.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to set up your payment plan, visit the ctcLink Resources page, scroll down to the "Navigating ctcLink (Desktop/Browser)" section and select "Enroll in a Nelnet Payment Plan." You can also view a PDF guide here.
Availability of Nelnet is determined by South Seattle College's registration calendar. Please be aware the college may elect not to have Nelnet available during specific times and dates during registration. South online services are only available between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. daily.
Please do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if financial aid is received or a class is dropped or added. You should review your agreement balance online through your Nelnet account or call the South Seattle College Cashier's Office at 206.934.5388 to confirm the change.
All down payments, full payments, and enrollment fees are processed immediately.
Make sure to keep track of deadlines for the Nelnet Payment Plan: check deadlines.
Tuition and fees are due within 7 business days of your first registration on the first day of the quarter, which ever date comes first. Once the quarter begins tuition is due at the time of registration unless you enroll in the payment plan.
Information on Returned Payments
Should an automatic bank payment or credit card payment be returned, a $30 returned payment fee will be automatically assessed to your account. You will be notified of the returned payment via mail or email.
If you have questions regarding your Nelnet account, please review the FAQ webpage.
If you have questions regarding your balance, contact the Cashiers' Office.
If you have question regarding your financial aid, contact the Financial Aid department.