Paying Tuition & Fees
Service Update for 3/18/21: NelNet payment plan services are now available within ctcLink for students. Please visit the Automatic Payment Plan page for more information and contact the Cashier's Office at email@example.com for support.
Methods Available to Pay Tuition and Fees
Students may pay tuition rates and fees in the following ways:
Tuition Automatic Payment Plan
Please see our Tuition Automatic Payment Plan page.
VISA, Mastercard, and Discover credit cards are accepted. Debit cards are accepted with a Visa or Mastercard logo for this option.
To use this option:
- Visit ctcLink and login with your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) and password. If you have not activated your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) or need assistance recovering it, please click here for support.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to make a credit card payment, visit the ctcLink Resources page, scroll down to the "Navigating ctcLink (Desktop/Browser)" section and select "Make a Payment on Your Account."
(See office hours.)
- In person with cash, check, debit card or credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.)
- Secured drop box with check or credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.) PLEASE NOTE: Drop box is closed during remote operations.
- The box is located outside the Cashier's Office in the Robert Smith courtyard. (See map.) Payment envelopes are available outside by the box or inside by the Cashier's window.
- If paying by check, please include your student ID number with payment.
- If paying with credit card, include a completed Credit Card Payment Form (PDF). These forms are also available inside by the Cashier's window.
- By mail check or credit card. Include your student ID number with payment. If paying with credit card, include a completed Credit Card Payment Form (PDF). Mail to:
South Seattle College
ATTN: Cashier's Office
6000 16 Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98106-1499
Pay Via FAX
Students may fax a completed Credit Card Payment Form (PDF) to:
- FAX number: 206.934.5824
Payment Policy for Tuition and Fees
- Tuition and fees are due within 7 business days of your first registration or prior to the first day of the quarter, whichever date comes first unless you enroll in the Tuition Automatic Payment Plan. Tuition is due at the time of registration when registering on or after the first day of the quarter.
- Failure to pay by the due date will result in being dropped from classes. If your tuition is paid by an outside agency, confirm payment via the online application View Your Schedule. For special assistance call the Special Accounts Coordinator at 206.934.6744.
- If you are paying through a Tuition Automatic Payment Plan and fail to make a scheduled payment, you will NOT be dropped for non-payment. However, a hold will be placed on your South Seattle College student account and that hold will remain until your FACTS account is made current (i.e., you have caught up with your scheduled payments). You also remain responsible for keeping track of courses added to your schedule, and for dropping courses you do not want, including wait-listed courses. The hold on your South Seattle College student account means you will not be able to register for future quarters and you will not be able to obtain grades, transcripts, or financial aid.
- Financial Aid students should confirm their tuition payment via the online application View Your Schedule. Contact the Financial Aid Department staff if you have questions regarding your financial aid tuition payment
- In order to assure payments are posted properly, students must have a ctcLink ID (EMPLID). If you have not activated your ctcLink ID (EMPLID) or need assistance recovering it, please click here for support.
- Read about purchasing parking permits.
- A handling fee of $30.75 is charged for any returned checks and students will be automatically dropped from classes when returned checks are written for tuition.
- Questions? Contact the Cashier's Office.
Keep track of Important Dates on the Academic Calendar. Fall, Winter, Spring Quarter refund deadline dates:
100 percent refund
- Withdrawal from classes due to cancellation by college.
- Withdrawal during the first 5 instructional days (less a $6 fee) of the college quarter or during the first 4 days of summer quarter.
50 percent refund
- Withdrawal by Friday of the 3rd week of the college quarter or within 14 calendar days from the start of the quarter in summer unless the 14th day falls on a Friday in which case, the deadline is the Friday before the 14th day.
0 percent refund
- After the 20th calendar day or 14th calendar day of summer quarter.