Transportation Subsidies for South Students
Funded by the Transportation Management Fee, South Seattle College subsidizes many different transportation options for students. South students can save money, save the environment, and relieve stress.
The SSC-issued ORCA Card is a transit pass that is accepted by all 6 Puget Sound regional transit authorities. The pass can be used for travel during peak and off-peak times without zone-restrictions. Students can purchase the ORCA card from the cashier in the student services portion of the Robert Smith building.
- Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring: $250
All students ($125).
Students may purchase either an ORCA Card or Parking Permit, but not both.
Fee is charged when requesting a transit pass.
Lost / Stolen / Misplaced ORCA cards:
South Transportation Services Office and management are not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced ORCA cards and bus pass. PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR PASS.
Other Transit Agency Passes
- SSC students taking 10 or more college credits also have the option of purchasing a pass from another transit agency like Ship-to-Shore or Community Transit and be reimbursed up to $60 quarterly.
- See the Transportation Coordinator in Robert Smith, room 50 (RSB map) to request reimbursement.
- SSC students taking under 10 college credits are not eligible for this reimbursement.
- A carpool is defined as 2 or more individuals commuting together for at least 50% of the carpool's longest individual commute distance.
- Students must register at the start of each quarter with the Transportation Coordinator in Robert Smith, room 50 (RSB map) and carpool each commute.
- Registered participants must be old enough to be eligible for a Washington State driver's license.
- A free Ride Match service is available from Metro to help you form a carpool. Call Metro at 206-625-4500 for more information or apply online at: www.rideshareonline.com