Student & Visitor Parking on Campus
How to Purchase a Parking Permit
Update for Feb. 19, 2021: To purchase parking permits for Spring Quarter 2021 and Summer Quarter 2021, please contact the Cashier's Office directly to schedule payment and delivery of your permit instead of using the link below. Starting Fall Quarter 2021, we will resume paying for permits through the link below. To contact the Cashier's Office, please email email@example.com.
South Seattle College students are able to purchase quarterly parking permits online. You will need to be a registered student at South with all of your outstanding fees from the prior quarter paid in full.
Your quarterly parking permit will arrive in the mail within five-seven business days to the address you indicate in the online application. Watch for your permit as permits will not be replaced and fees are not refundable.
If you buy the permit within seven days of the quarter start date, you can download a temporary permit to use on the first few days of the quarter.
- Student permits are required Monday through Saturday.
- Parking at SSC is available on a limited basis. Priority is given to currently enrolled students. Proof of paid registration for the appropriate quarter is required to obtain a permit.
- Students will receive parking refunds only upon complete withdrawal from classes or for classes which have been canceled by the college. Refunds will be processed according to the Withdrawal & Status Schedule and with return of the permit.
- Lost or stolen permits will be replaced at the student's cost.
- Students should not park in the two visitor parking lots.
A carpool is defined as two or more individuals commuting together for at least 50% of the carpool's longest individual commute distance.
Students must register at the start of each quarter with the Transportation Coordinator in the Robert Smith Building, room 50 (RSB map) and carpool each commute.
Registered participants must be old enough to be eligible for a Washington State driver's license.
Visitor Parking Information
A designated visitor parking lot is located just west of the Robert Smith Building (RSB) at the main campus entrance (campus map). Visitors may park for up to 45 minutes for $1.00, using the visitor spaces along the RSB driveway or general parking areas.
Hip Nguyen, Transportation Director
Cashier's Office (for questions about paying for a parking permit)
Office Location: Robert Smith (RSB) Lobby