Honorlock is an online proctoring solution offered by Seattle Central College. Honorlock records the exam session allowing students to test at their convenience. Honorlock is completely on-demand so students can log in to take their exam at any time of the day. Exam incidents will be reported back to SCC faculty. Honorlock does not require students to download any software or create any logins.
USER GUIDES AND VIDEO TUTORIALS
Below are some helpful video tutorials and PDF guides for your faculty and students as well as some important reminders for your faculty when setting up Honorlock.
- Honorlock Faculty Guide (instructions on how to enable Honorlock)
- Honorlock Canvas Video (instructor how-to video tutorial on Honorlock)
- Honorlock White-List Video (instructions on how to white-list websites with Honorlock)
- Honorlock Testing Guidelines (standard testing guidelines)
- Honorlock Universal Setup (instructor how-to video tutorial on Honorlock Universal)
- Honorlock Information Page for Students (these tutorials can be found there)
- Honorlock Student Guide (the same guide that is in Canvas when they begin the exam)
- Honorlock Video for your Students (demo video to send to your students)
- Honorlock Universal Video (student how-to video tutorial on Honorlock Universal)
- Proper Room Scan (shows students how to complete a proper room scan)
- honorlock.com/support (students can test their system here and contact support)
RECOMMENDED SYLLABUS VERBIAGE
Honorlock recommends instructors dedicate a section in your syllabus to Honorlock so your students are prepared. Below is our recommended verbiage. Feel free to alter our verbiage if necessary:
“Honorlock will proctor your exams this quarter. Honorlock is an online proctoring service that allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home. You DO NOT need to create an account, download software or schedule an appointment in advance. Honorlock is available 24/7 and all that is needed is a computer, a working webcam, and a stable Internet connection.
To get started, you will need Google Chrome and to download the Honorlock Chrome Extension. You can download the extension at www.honorlock.com/extension/install.
When you are ready to test, log into Canvas, go to your course, and click on your exam. Clicking "Launch Proctoring" will begin the Honorlock authentication process, where you will take a picture of yourself, show your ID, and complete a scan of your room. Honorlock will be recording your exam session by webcam as well as recording your screen. Honorlock also has an integrity algorithm that can detect search-engine use, so please do not attempt to search for answers, even if it's on a secondary device.
Good luck! Honorlock support is available 24/7/365. If you encounter any issues, you may contact them by live chat, phone (844-243-2500), and/or email (email@example.com). To learn more about Honorlock, visit our Honorlock for Students Support Page."
Google Chrome - Students are required to use Google Chrome.
Access Code - Honorlock automatically creates a new access code for the exam once proctoring is enabled. Faculty should not delete or alter this access code. This is how we prevent students from getting into the exam without using Honorlock.
Browser Guard - Students will not be able to open new tabs or access applications with Browser Guard enabled. Only use Browser Guard if there is no use case for your students to be able to access anything outside of their exam in Canvas.
White-Listing - This feature allows faculty to white-list specific URL’s so that students can only access these URL’s and no other URL’s.
Practice Quiz - Enable a practice quiz in your course so your students can test out their software before they take a real exam.
Exam Guidelines - We recommend sending your exam guidelines to your students in addition to adding them when you enable Honorlock. This can be sent through Canvas, added in the course description, and included in the syllabus. The more places you put the guidelines the better.