Vision Opportunity Inclusion Collaboration Equity and Social Justice
VOICES is a collaborative community furthering South Seattle Community College’s commitment to providing lifelong learning opportunities with respect to ensuring inclusion, equity and social justice. VOICES promotes a vision of cultural sensitivity, fostering a climate of awareness of and appreciation for diversity.
Goals and Objectives
- Build knowledge and leadership skills to support student success- especially those of marginalized communities
- Create a learning community together to collaborate and identify/develop principles and as individuals to apply the general principles to support specific discipline or work area
- Promote diversity through equity and social justice frameworks across the curriculum and in department/divisional meetings
- Support professional development and student success that focuses on diversity and social justice
- Confirm sustainability- transition to another department or group on campus