Basic Food Employment & Training Program (BFET)
Spring Quarter 2020 Update:
Due to the COVID-19 closure, all Workforce Education drop-in office hours will be delivered online through Zoom (video conferencing tool).
- Meeting ID: 434 484 744
- Password: 147430
Drop-in Office Hours:
- Week of April 13-17, 2020: Mon/Wed, 10:30-1:30 p.m., Tues/Th, 1-4 p.m.
- After April 17, 2020: Mon, 10:30-1:30 p.m., Th, 1-4 p.m.
The Basic Food, Employment & Training (BFET) program provides funding assistance for education, work training, and related support services at South Seattle College to eligible individuals currently receiving Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) federally-issued Basic Food Benefits (SNAP).
BFET services may include:
- Tuition assistance
- Required textbooks and supplies for classes
- Transportation (such as bus pass)
- Educational planning and advising
Do I qualify?
Student eligibility requirements to receive BFET assistance are as follows:
- Must currently be receiving federally-issued DSHS Basic Food Assistance (SNAP).
- Cannot be receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance from DSHS.
- Must be enrolled in an approved college–credit professional–technical program. Transfer Degree programs are not eligible.
- Must apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA).