To be eligible for full admission into the SBST BAS program, each student must meet the following requirements:
- An Associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum of 25 quarterly General Education credits, which includes college level:
- Math (5 credits)
- English (5 credits)
- Psychology (5 credits)
- Visual, Literary, and Performing Arts (VLPA) elective (10 credits)
- Two years related work experience.
Priority will be given to students with a Washington state AAS-T degree or equivalent. Students with other Associate degrees may also be admitted to the program permitting they meet the 2-year minimum work experience requirement. Students entering under these degrees will still need to complete all upper-division courses, earn a minimum of 180 college-level credits (which includes the associate degree), and will be required to work with the BAS Program Manager to develop appropriate substitutions for lower-division general education requirements.
Students may be admitted to the BAS Sustainable Building Science Technology program under one of the following conditions:
- You will be fully admitted to the program when all admission requirements have been completed and accepted by the Executive Dean.
- If you are within 25 quarter credits of completing an associate degree, including the program entry requirements, you may be admitted provisionally into the program on a space available basis. This is in addition to the conditions cited above regarding journey card status and other associate degrees.
- If you have a cumulative GPA below 2.5, you may be admitted under probationary status. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for the first 30 quarter credits and then petition to the BAS Programs Manager for full admittance.
- You can take up to 15 credits in the Sustainable Building Science Technology program prior to admission. Non-matriculated students must gain permission from a Faculty Coordinator to join classes prior to admission.
Everyone admitted to the program must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and must be registered for a minimum of 10 SBST credits each quarter.Please note: You need to be registered for a minimum of 12 credits per quarter to be considered a full-time student by the financial aid department.