Uncertainty around the current pandemic has led us to cancel the June 25 in-person commencement ceremony. However, we are working with staff and student leaders to show love, appreciation, and admiration to graduates (more on that below). We are determined to celebrate the Class of 2020 in a manner fitting of your hard work and perseverance. Additionally, all 2020 graduates will be invited to walk across the stage at the next Seattle Colleges Commencement ceremony.
- Hosting a drive-through CAN'T STOP US Celebration at South Seattle College’s main campus on June 25. Details are found below on this page.
- Preparing a “Commencement in a Box” to ensure graduates receive the keepsakes of our traditional commencement like a diploma cover, program, and other fun gifts.
- Seeking to highlight graduates at each of our colleges. If you know of someone with a great story submit it here.
- Soon launching a special campaign to highlight and salute the Class of 2020, including a strong social media component so everyone can share in the celebration.
- Providing opportunities to celebrate your accomplishements on a Kudoboard and social media! Learn more here.
Please visit the Seattle Colleges District Commencement website to learn more and stay tuned for more information.
Honoring Our 2020 Graduates: CAN’T STOP US Celebration on June 25
Congratulations to all South Seattle College 2020 graduates! Nothing Could Stop You as you exhibited great determination and perseverance to attain your educational goal and become a South graduate. You were particularly challenged as you navigated an unprecedented change in instruction successfully. You, again, are UNSTOPPABLE!
Due to the COVID – 19 pandemic, we are unable to honor you at a traditional in-person commencement ceremony. However, to acknowledge your accomplishment, we are inviting you to participate in a drive-through CAN’T STOP US Celebration on the South Seattle College campus. In addition to your procession through a ceremonial route on campus, you will be presented with a graduation gift and the opportunity to take a ceremonial photo. You will also be invited to participate in the next scheduled in-person Seattle Colleges Graduation event at T-Mobile Field.
CAN’T STOP US Celebration Event Details
Location: South Seattle College at 6000 16th Ave SW (Graduates will enter at Entry 3/South Entrance – see campus map with route)
Date: June 25, 2020
Time: Graduates can drive through anytime between 4PM – 7PM
Attendees at the CAN’T STOP US event must:
- Wear masks
- Follow 6 feet apart social distancing guidelines during photos
- Refrain from congregating with others attending
- Remain in vehicles except for photo exiting area
- Refrain from attending if ill
For additional information contact SouthStudentLife@seattlecolleges.edu
What to do now:
To participate, please send an RSVP to SouthStudentLife@seattlecolleges.edu to let us know if you plan to drive through this event. A walk-up option is available for students who are mobility impaired or do not have automobiles.
Caps and gowns are recommended but not required to participate. You may place an online order for your cap and gown by visiting the North Seattle College Bookstore website. Graduation products can be found under “Gifts and Accessories." All orders will be shipped to the address that is provided when the order is placed. A limited number of caps and gowns are also available for rental on a first-come, first-served basis. Again, email SouthStudentLife@seattlecolleges.edu to inquire about gown rentals.
In addition to South Seattle College’s CAN’T STOP US Celebration, we will honor the Class of 2020 by sending graduates a “Commencement in a Box” with the keepsakes of a traditional commencement and other fun gifts (available later this summer), a celebration video, a mural to honor graduates, and a website to honor graduates and their families.