Curriculum & Instruction Committee (CIC)
The CIC is a standing campus committee that advises the Vice President for Instruction. This committee encourages and fosters curriculum development, faculty participation in program planning and coordination of the college curriculum, and maintenance of academic standards.
There are 15 faculty representatives from Academic Programs, Professional-Technical, Basic and Transitional Studies, Bachelor of Applied Science Programs, International Programs, Counseling and the Library. The Vice President for Instruction and two deans—one from Academic Programs and one from Professional-Technical—serve as ex-officio members.
- Roster (PDF)
CIC and ACAS Requirements for Course Originations and Revisions
- ACAS Course Origination Checklist
- ACAS Course Revision Checklist
- E-Learning Updates for ACAS (video)
- E-Learning Updates for ACAS (video transcript)
- CIC and ACAS Guide for Originating a Course
- CIC and ACAS Guide for Revising a Course
- CIC and ACAS Course Origination Template
- CIC and ACAS Course Revision Template
- Changes to the Origination or Revision Guides after 3-13-15
- Faculty Consultants
Program Revision and Origination
- State Professional Technical Program Revision Approval Request
- Program Revision
- Professional Technical Program Changes Process
- CIC Program Origination
The CIC has established the following deadlines for submission of course and program originations, revisions, and adoptions. Please submit these materials in accordance with the dates listed below to minimize challenges posed by the CIC’s workload and campus deadlines.
|To implement the class by:||Submit to CIC during:|
|Spring or Summer||Fall|
- Alternative Placement Measures (PDF file)
- Placement Cut Scores for Wonderlic and College Success ESL
- English Cut Scores Wonderlic & College Success ESL (PDF file)
- Math Cut Scores for Wonderlic (PDF file)
- Professional Technical Program Cut Scores for Wonderlic (PDF file)
- Placement Cut Scores for COMPASS - COMPASS was discontinued November 30, 2016 but scores will be accepted for two years from date of test.
- How to Read SMS SD 1002 Score Screen
- SMS Testing Scores key (PDF file)