Parking On Campus
Individuals who park at the main campus or the Georgetown Campus must purchase parking. For faculty and staff, please see the employee parking info below. For travel information, please visit our Maps & Directions page.
How to Purchase a Parking Permit
South Seattle College students are able to purchase quarterly parking permits online. You will need to be a registered student at South with all of your outstanding fees from the prior quarter paid in full.
Your quarterly parking permit will arrive in the mail within five-seven business days to the address you indicate in the online application. Watch for your permit as permits will not be replaced and fees are not refundable.
If you buy the permit within seven days of the quarter start date, you can download a temporary permit to use on the first few days of the quarter.
- Student and staff parking permits are required Monday through Saturday.
- Parking at SSC is available on a limited basis. Priority is given to currently enrolled students. Proof of paid registration for the appropriate quarter is required to obtain a permit.
- Students will receive parking refunds only upon complete withdrawal from classes or for classes which have been canceled by the college. Refunds will be processed according to the Withdrawal & Status Schedule and with return of the permit.
- Lost or stolen permits will be replaced at the student's cost.
- Students should not park in the two visitor parking lots.
Employee Parking Information
Current employees must park in designated employee lots only. Employee parking requires an annual permit, annual reserved, staff/faculty quarterly permit, or a carpool permit. Download and submit the Faculty/Staff Quarterly Transportation Application to South's Transportation Director (contact information below).
Visitor Parking Information
A designated visitor parking lot is located just west of the Robert Smith Building (RSB) at the main campus entrance (campus map). Visitors may park for up to 45 minutes for $1.00, using the visitor spaces along the RSB driveway or general parking areas.
James Lewis, Transportation Director
Office Location: RSB 062A
Office Location: Robert Smith (RSB) Lobby