What is Canvas?
Canvas is a web-based Learning Management System and collaboration portal that instructors use to manage course materials, provide online instruction and to communicate with students. It works on PCs, Macs, phones and tablets – anywhere you can find an Internet connection!
Log in note for 3/1/21: Current students should continue to use their SID and PIN number when logging into Canvas until Spring Quarter begins on April 5, 2021. Beginning Spring Quarter, returning students will use their ctcLink ID and password to access Canvas.
How Canvas supports your e-Learning experience
Our online and hybrid courses use Canvas to deliver course materials. Instructors who teach on campus will also use Canvas to supplement the face-to-face course.
Instructors may use some or more of the features in Canvas:
- Post the course syllabus
- Publish some or all of the course material
- Send course announcements and messages
- Set up online discussions and quizzes
- Post and receive your assignments
- Post Grades so you can track your progress
- Add videos, readings and other instructional materials
- And more….
- For more information, please visit eLearning’s Canvas webpage.