The Fitness Center has a variety of cardio equipment including treadmills, ellipticals and bikes made by Precor. There is also a stepmill, arc trainer and Concept 2 rowing machines.
The Fitness Center offers dumbbells from 2 lbs to 120 lbs, Kettlebells and strength machines, which include half rack, smith machine, Abs Oblique Crunch unit, leg press and benches.
The Fitness Center offers a full line of weight machines by Paramount, Life Fitness and Hammer Strength.
The Fitness Center is in the Multi-Purpose Building. It can be accessed through the walkway behind Jerry Brockey Student Center, next to the Pastry Lab.
Fitness Center Policy
- A valid South Seattle College ID must be presented to the front desk attendant upon every visit in order to enter the Fitness Center. Students, faculty and staff can obtain an I.D. card from the Cashier's Office.
- If you have a friend, spouse or training partner who is not a current South Seattle College student, staff or faculty member and who would like to use the Fitness Center, they should contact the Fitness Center to pay the $25 quarterly fee.
- Day-use lockers are available. See staff for locker rentals. You must provide your own lock.
- All members must complete and sign a waiver before using the Fitness Center facility. Those under 18 must have a guardian sign the waiver.
- Children under 14 are not allowed in the Fitness Center.
- Appropriate attire must be worn. See Fitness Center for listing of appropriate attire.
- Members are expected to comply with policies and safety instructions provided by the Fitness Center.
- Food and beverages other than bottled water or bottled drinks are not permitted in any exercise area.